Good-Bye Pay Phone, Hello Link!
LinkNYC is a first-of-its-kind communications network that will replace over 7,500 pay phones across the five boroughs with new structures called Links. Each Link will provide superfast, free public Wi-Fi, phone calls, device charging and a tablet for Internet browsing, access to city services, maps and directions.
For New Yorkers, By New Yorkers
LinkNYC is now in beta, giving New Yorkers an early opportunity to try out Link’s features, provide feedback and help us create the future of our sidewalk experience. Additional apps and services will be rolled out over the next few months. Got feedback? Contact us.
The LinkNYC Team
LinkNYC is brought to you by the City of New York and CityBridge, a NYC–based consortium of leading experts in technology, media, connectivity and user experience that includes:
Paid for by Advertising
LinkNYC is completely free because it’s funded through advertising. Its groundbreaking digital OOH advertising network not only provides brands with a rich, context-aware platform to reach New Yorkers and visitors, but will generate more than a half billion dollars in revenue for New York City. Interested in advertising on LinkNYC? Contact us.
- Use your personal device to connect to LinkNYC’s super fast, free Wi-Fi
- Browse the web and access city services, maps and directions from the tablet
- Make free phone calls to anywhere in the U.S. using the Vonage app on the tablet or the tactile keypad and microphone. Plug in your personal headphones for more privacy.
- Use the dedicated red 911 button in the event of an emergency
- Charge your device in a power-only USB port
- Enjoy more room on the sidewalk with Link’s sleek, ADA-compliant design by Antenna
- View public service announcements and more relevant advertising on two 55” HD displays