Good-Bye Pay Phone, Hello Link!
LinkNYC is a first-of-its-kind communications network that will replace over 7,500 pay phones across the five boroughs with new structures called Links. Each Link provides superfast, free public Wi-Fi, phone calls, device charging and a tablet for access to city services, maps and directions.
The LinkNYC Team
LinkNYC is brought to you by the City of New York and CityBridge, a NYC-based consortium of leading experts in technology, media, connectivity and user experience that includes:
Paid for by Advertising
LinkNYC is completely free because it’s funded through advertising. Its groundbreaking digital OOH advertising network not only provides brands with a rich, context-aware platform to reach New Yorkers and visitors, but will generate more than a half billion dollars in revenue for New York City. Interested in advertising on LinkNYC? Contact us.
LinkNYC was designed to be flexible so we can make adjustments over time. Based on user and community feedback, we removed the tablet web browser to curb long-term use of the kiosks as we continually find new ways to improve your Link experience. If you have any questions or comments about this change, please Contact us.
- Use your personal device to connect to LinkNYC’s super fast, free Wi-Fi
- Access city services, maps and directions from the tablet
- Make free phone calls to anywhere in the U.S. using the Vonage app on the tablet or the tactile keypad and microphone. Plug in your personal headphones for more privacy.
- Use the dedicated red 911 button in the event of an emergency
- Charge your device in a power-only USB port
- Enjoy more room on the sidewalk with Link’s sleek, ADA-compliant design by Antenna
- View public service announcements and more relevant advertising on two 55” HD displays
For users who are blind, access a complete description of Link's layout.